Qualifications and Requirements
- You must hold at least a current private pilot certificate.
- You must be able to read, speak, and understand English.
- You must pass a written exam, oral exam, and a practical flight exam.
You also must have logged:
- At least 50 hours of cross-country flight time as pilot in command (10 of these hours must be in an instrument- rotorcraft rating).
- A total of 40 hours of actual or simulated instrument time (15 of these hours must be in a helicopter).
Upon completion you will be able to:
Fly under Instrument Flight Rules or IFR. It requires obtaining additional flight training from a qualified Certified Instrument Flight Instructor (CFII), including rules and IFR procedures to enable the pilot to legally and safely operate a properly equipped aircraft in Instrument Meteorological Conditions(IMC).