Eligibility and Requirements
- You must be able to read, speak, and understand English.
- You must be 16 years old to become a student pilot, and 17 to become a private pilot.
- You must pass a written exam, an oral exam, and a practical flight exam.
- You must receive a minimum of 40 hours of flight training (30 hours with an instructor & 10 hours solo).
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Rent from us – fly your friends and family without bearing the cost of ownership!
- Continue your training and build hours towards your commercial license.
Detroit Private Pilot Training
Our passion is providing future pilots with the best training and resources to become confident in their skills. With safety as our number one priority, we promise to provide the best experience to every student.
The sky is the limit and getting there is simpler than you would think. At MI Flight Aviation we make your dream of being a helicopter pilot almost as easy as getting your driver’s license. Master the art of flying in one of our safe and meticulously maintained helicopters. Our experienced FAA certified flight instructors take you every step of the way to mastering the blue skies.
Pricing & Equipment
Ready to Start Flight School? Here’s what to do next.
1. Get your medical certificate.
Although it is not immediately required, we suggest you get your student pilot medical certificate prior to starting your raining. This way, you know you’re medically cleared to fly. It’s simple and takes about 20 minutes to complete.